fbpx

PubMed: Accidental Ingestion of Tetrahydrocannabinol-Laced Gummies Causing Bradycardia and First-Degree Atrioventricular Block in a Pediatric Patient: A Case Report

PubMed: Accidental Ingestion of Tetrahydrocannabinol-Laced Gummies Causing Bradycardia and First-Degree Atrioventricular Block in a Pediatric Patient: A Case Report

Cureus. 2022 Jul 13;14(7):e26826. doi: 10.7759/cureus.26826. eCollection 2022 Jul.

ABSTRACT

An increasing trend of cannabis use places children at risk for the detrimental effects of marijuana. Poison control centers in the United States have been experiencing an upsurge in calls involving marijuana ingestion among children in the past years, specifically in states where marijuana is legal. With marijuana ingestion, neurologic symptoms predominate but cardiovascular manifestations have also been observed. Bradycardia and bradyarrhythmia are both uncommon cardiac manifestations of cannabis ingestion in children. Here, we present the case of a previously healthy two-year-old male with sinus bradycardia and first-degree atrioventricular (AV) block following accidental ingestion of tetrahydrocannabinol-laced gummies. Although bradycardia and first-degree AV block are uncommon after cannabis ingestion in children, clinicians should be aware of these findings and must consider evaluating for marijuana toxicity whenever presented with these acute signs. Prevention is crucial and can be achieved through supervision, parental education, and support.

PMID:35847165 | PMC:PMC9278991 | DOI:10.7759/cureus.26826

#CBD #Hemp https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35847165/?utm_source=Chrome&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=None&utm_content=1jYCQzi_o_qLYr-oQfnMhShgOXkvGma3vcnBGJtrBhuJMOvEVJ&fc=None&ff=20220718162017&v=2.17.7 July 18, 2022 10:00 am

বাংলা简体中文繁體中文EnglishFrançaisDeutschहिन्दीItaliano日本語한국어मराठीPortuguêsਪੰਜਾਬੀРусскийEspañolSvenskaతెలుగుไทยTürkçeУкраїнськаTiếng Việt