Welcome, I’m Richard Rose.
I focus mainly on Hemp (low-THC and industrial varieties of Cannabis) issues. It is free, all I ask for is your email address for the newsletter. Despite over a thousand posts on Hemp and CBD since 2014, Facebook and Instagram are too nebulous for those of us who write on controversial matters. They can shut down one’s account in an instant over nothing, and I don’t preach Conventional Wisdom.
For 27 years I’ve been a hemp foods pioneer, researcher, author, educator, advocate, speaker, consultant, product developer, brander, marketer, thought leader, Mentor, and entrepreneur.
In 1994 I pivoted from an Inc. 500 14-year vegan foods career to using hempseed instead of soybean, and was the first by years to develop the product which is now 90% of Canadian hemp, the industry’s first proof-of-concept. Although I’m a Hemp OG, I’ve actually done more the last 7 years than the first. Way more. With the passage of the 2018 Farm Bill, I’m making my 41 years of business experience and insight available to you, for free.
I helped create the North American hemp food industry, perishable foods as well as shelled hempseed, what I called “Hemp Nut” but you probably call “Hemp Hearts.” Click here to read more on why you should listen to me when it comes to hemp, marijuana, marketing, branding, and business.
My personal brand for two decades has been The Hemp Nut, because, yes, I’m nutty for hemp; after all I named the product category, brand, and company HempNut, and sunk $2.5 million into it. Being nutty about hemp in an insane world is a feature, not a bug. Especially if it’s for over a quarter century of progressive and positive contribution.
Expect to read a unique voice and unusual ideas about strategizing, breeding, growing, processing, branding, and marketing various Hemp products. I’m not selling anything so I give notoriously straight no-BS advice, without sugar-coating. I’ll tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear. Expect cognitive dissonance. Again, it’s a feature not a bug.
Please Subscribe to The Richard Rose Report:
- THC rules loosened in Wisconsin, but it won’t help CBD growers
- Broad portfolio drives HempFlax revenues to €14.5m, a 43% increase
- The Relationship Between Behavioral Inhibition and Approach Motivation Systems (BIS/BAS) and Intrinsic Brain Network Connectivity in Adult Cannabis Users
- Illicit Drug Use and Associated Problems in the Nightlife Scene: A Potential Setting for Prevention
- COVID-19 vaccine willingness and cannabis use histories
- CBDepot isolates meet COSMOS standard
- Poland’s H&H expands product line, redesigns packaging
- CBD Co. Wants Initial OK For $300K Deal In Data Breach Row
- How Are Cannabis Companies Shipping Delta-9 THC?
- Cops’ clueless policy on CBD draws rebuke from German association
- Canadian hemp group acquires water rights in northwest Colorado
- CBG gets safety approval for inclusion in EU cosmetics database
- Skittles Maker Claims Hemp Co. Violated Its Trademark
- Massachusetts opens land for hemp
- $20 million for CBD retail platform
- DC Judge Says Challenge To DEA Hemp Rule In Wrong Court
- ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation Falls Short for Cannabis Testing Laboratories
- Poland near accord on raising hemp THC level to 0.3%
- Effect of oil pomaces on thermal properties of model dough and gluten network studied by thermogravimetry and differential scanning calorimetry
- Abuse Potential of Synthetic Cannabinoids: AM-1248, CB-13, and PB-22
- Phytocannabinomics: Untargeted metabolomics as a tool for cannabis chemovar differentiation
- U.S. initiative to evaluate impact of CBD on sleep
- $600k grant supports Missouri research
- PE Firms Want Out Of Pot RICO Suit Against Harvest, Verano
- Pot Co.'s $42M NY Greenhouse Buy Steered By 2 Firms
- Friday, April 30, 2021 Headlines | Marijuana Today Daily News
- Specific Compositions of Cannabis sativa Compounds Have Cytotoxic Activity and Inhibit Motility and Colony Formation of Human Glioblastoma Cells In Vitro
- Are researchers getting the terms used to denote different types of recreational cannabis right?-a user perspective
- Plant-Origin Stabilizer as an Alternative of Natural Additive to Polymers Used in Packaging Materials
- Efficacy of Phytocannabinoids in Epilepsy Treatment: Novel Approaches and Recent Advances
- Cannabidiol in Neurological and Neoplastic Diseases: Latest Developments on the Molecular Mechanism of Action
- Cannabidiol and the Canonical WNT/β-Catenin Pathway in Glaucoma
- Targeted and Untargeted Metabolic Profiling to Discover Bioactive Compounds in Seaweeds and Hemp Using Gas and Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry
- Development of Polylactic Acid Thermoplastic Starch Formulations Using Maleinized Hemp Oil as Biobased Plasticizer
- Characterization of the Triacylglycerol Fraction of Italian and Extra-European Hemp Seed Oil
- Upgrading Recycled Polypropylene from Textile Wastes in Wood Plastic Composites with Short Hemp Fiber
- German company fights for decree on import of hemp leaves
- CBD Co. Hit With $12M Fraud Suit Over Failed Biz Transaction
- Swedish hemp imports signal potential for domestic production
- Cannabis Co. Expected To Plead In Ethanol Dumping Case
- Defining Hemp: Classifications, Policies & Markets, Part 1
- Despite tough market, CBD isolate sellers ‘not ready to adjust their prices’
- Nova Scotia food developer is honored
- Delta-8 Craze Puts Pot Attorneys On The Spot
- Options expand for growers of CBD flowers in Canada
- Cannabidiol Treatment Results in a Common Gene Expression Response Across Aggressive Cancer Cells from Various Origins
- Virginia couple sue police over raid
- Louisiana House Panel Advances Pot Legalization Bill