Welcome, I’m Richard Rose.
I focus mainly on Hemp (low-THC and industrial varieties of Cannabis) issues. It is free, all I ask for is your email address for the newsletter. Despite over a thousand posts on Hemp and CBD since 2014, Facebook and Instagram are too nebulous for those of us who write on controversial matters. They can shut down one’s account in an instant over nothing, and I don’t preach Conventional Wisdom.
For 25 years I’ve been a hemp foods pioneer, researcher, author, educator, advocate, speaker, consultant, product developer, brander, marketer, thought leader, Mentor, and entrepreneur.
In 1994 I pivoted from an Inc. 500 14-year vegan foods career to using hempseed instead of soybean, and was the first by years to develop the product which is now 90% of Canadian hemp, the industry’s first proof-of-concept. Although I’m a Hemp OG, I’ve actually done more the last 5 years than the first. Way more. With the passage of the 2018 Farm Bill, I’m making my 40 years of business experience and insight available to you, for free.
I helped create the North American hemp food industry, perishable foods as well as shelled hempseed, what I called “Hemp Nut” but you probably call “Hemp Hearts.” Click here to read more on why you should listen to me when it comes to hemp, marijuana, marketing, branding, and business.
My personal brand for two decades has been The Hemp Nut, because, yes, I’m nutty for hemp; after all I named the product category, brand, and company HempNut, and sunk $2.5 million into it. Being nutty about hemp in an insane world is a feature, not a bug. Especially if it’s for over a quarter century of progressive and positive contribution.
Expect to read a unique voice and unusual ideas about strategizing, breeding, growing, processing, branding, and marketing various Hemp products. I’m not selling anything so I give notoriously straight no-BS advice, without sugar-coating. I’ll tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear. Expect cognitive dissonance. Again, it’s a feature not a bug.
Please Subscribe to The Richard Rose Report:
- Plant Extracts Inhibit the Formation of Hydroperoxides and Help Maintain Vitamin E Levels and Omega-3 Fatty Acids During High Temperature Processing and Storage of Hempseed and Soybean Oils.
- Decarbonylation: A metabolic pathway of cannabidiol in humans.
- Medical cannabis and insomnia in older adults with chronic pain: a cross-sectional study.
- As CBD skyrockets in popularity, scientists scramble to understand how it's metabolized.
- Hemp hearing draws hundreds of Texas farmers to Waco
- County Planning Commission adjusts hemp ordinance setbacks
- MN hemp industry joins Ag officials in protesting hemp rules
- Hemp for Health Signs LOI for 10% of Established Distribution Firm
- Industrial Hemp Market Analysis & Forecast, Worldwide, 2015-2028
- Hemp Processor Jack Nichol Is a Budding Entrepreneur
- Delegates Opt to Keep MFP Policy, Seek Changes to USDA Hemp Rules
- State's hemp program to continue as research pilot program
- City of Shreveport considering hemp production as economic development boost
- Industrial Hemp Market Insights and Opportunities, Forecast to 2028: Increasing Demand for Hemp …
- As Hemp Becomes the Fastest-Growing Sector in Cannabis Industry, Indo Expo Returns to Denver …
- York-based hemp entrepreneur Steve Groff plans retail cannabinoid shop in Lancaster County
- Kentucky will continue hemp program as pilot for a year
- Hemp processing plant gets conditional use permit
- New Holland makes bet on 'wild, wild west' of hemp
- Seed-to-sell hemp operation provides CDB oil and more
- Senate bill would legalize hemp in Idaho
- Hemp Interim Rule
- Kentucky extends hemp pilot program
- Could Hemp Really Replace Cotton?
- White Lake family's line of hemp-infused honey sticks creates buzz
- Texas Department of Agriculture submits proposed guidelines for growing hemp
- Clarity Will Lead to a $20 Billion CBD Market
- Largest US farm group supports higher THC limit for industrial hemp
- The Evolution Of Farm To Table For Cannabis & Hemp: Interview with Niko Uman Borrero founder …
- Hemp Export Included in New US/China Trade Deal
- Texas A&M-developed device helps weed out hemp from marijuana
- Legislation to legalize hemp in Idaho introduced in Senate
- Minnesota hemp industry going strong, but 2020 a critical year for the future
- Cadiz Inc Using Land in Mojave Desert to Harvest Industrial Hemp
- Hemp legalization bill introduced
- NC A&T to host hemp conference for small farmers
- KDA to use 2020 as transition year for hemp progra
- Proposal concerns hemp growers
- Hemp & Denim
- Helping Hemp Farmers to Know What They Grow
- CBD+Yoga Classes at Roots Yoga
- Kentucky to operate hemp program under 2014 farm bill provisions for one more year
- Sustainable Wenatchee | The hemp in my closet
- CBD Business: Trademark Basics for CBD and Hemp
- Local hemp farmer optimistic despite industry growing pains
- Live Blog: Hemp, CBD oil left on controlled substances list
- Shelby Ellison Discusses Hemp Research and UW-Madison's Industrial Hemp Course
- What the Hemp?! 2020 Opportunities and Challenges in CBD and Hemp