Welcome, I’m Richard Rose.
I focus mainly on Hemp (low-THC and industrial varieties of Cannabis) issues. It is free, all I ask for is your email address for the newsletter. Despite over a thousand posts on Hemp and CBD since 2014, Facebook and Instagram are too nebulous for those of us who write on controversial matters. They can shut down one’s account in an instant over nothing, and I don’t preach Conventional Wisdom.
For 27 years I’ve been a hemp foods pioneer, researcher, author, educator, advocate, speaker, consultant, product developer, brander, marketer, thought leader, Mentor, and entrepreneur.
In 1994 I pivoted from an Inc. 500 14-year vegan foods career to using hempseed instead of soybean, and was the first by years to develop the product which is now 90% of Canadian hemp, the industry’s first proof-of-concept. Although I’m a Hemp OG, I’ve actually done more the last 7 years than the first. Way more. With the passage of the 2018 Farm Bill, I’m making my almost 50 years of business experience and insight available to you, for free.
I helped create the North American hemp food industry, perishable foods as well as shelled hempseed, what I called “Hemp Nut” but you probably call “Hemp Hearts.” Click here to read more on why you should listen to me when it comes to hemp, marijuana, marketing, branding, and business.
My personal brand for two decades has been The Hemp Nut, because, yes, I’m nutty for hemp; after all I named the product category, brand, and company HempNut, and sunk $2.5 million into it. Being nutty about hemp in an insane world is a feature, not a bug. Especially if it’s for over a quarter century of progressive and positive contribution.
Expect to read a unique voice and unusual ideas about strategizing, breeding, growing, processing, branding, and marketing various Hemp products. I’m not selling anything so I give notoriously straight no-BS advice, without sugar-coating. I’ll tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear. Expect cognitive dissonance. Again, it’s a feature not a bug.
Please Subscribe to The Richard Rose Report:
- PubMed: The endocannabinoid system as a therapeutic target for schizophrenia: failures and potentialsPubMed: The endocannabinoid system as a therapeutic target for schizophrenia: failures and potentials Neurosci Lett. 2021 Jun 16:136064. doi: 10.1016/j.neulet.2021.136064. Online ahead of print. ABSTRACT Owing to its psychotropic effects, Cannabis has been stigmatized by its recreational use leading to a dramatic decline in the experimentations about its medical use in the twentieth century. The … Continue reading “PubMed: The endocannabinoid system as a therapeutic target for schizophrenia: failures and potentials”
- Quick Hits: More States Legalize CannabisQuick Hits: More States Legalize Cannabis Connecticut Legalizes Cannabis Members of the state House and Senate approved S.B. 1201 on Thursday, legalizing the adult-use marijuana market. Next, they submitted the measure to Democratic Gov. Ned Lamont, who is expected to sign the bill into law. The Nutmeg State will be the fifth after New York, … Continue reading “Quick Hits: More States Legalize Cannabis”
- PubMed: A method and its application to determine the amount of cannabinoids in sewage sludge and biosolidsPubMed: A method and its application to determine the amount of cannabinoids in sewage sludge and biosolids Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2021 Jun 18. doi: 10.1007/s11356-021-14921-3. Online ahead of print. ABSTRACT Xenobiotic cannabinoids (phyto and synthetic) are highly lipophilic compounds and have been shown to accumulate within the particulate fraction of wastewater. Limited research … Continue reading “PubMed: A method and its application to determine the amount of cannabinoids in sewage sludge and biosolids”
- PubMed: Health Claims About Cannabidiol Products: A Retrospective Analysis of U.S. Food and Drug Administration Warning Letters from 2015 to 2019PubMed: Health Claims About Cannabidiol Products: A Retrospective Analysis of U.S. Food and Drug Administration Warning Letters from 2015 to 2019 Cannabis Cannabinoid Res. 2021 Jun 17. doi: 10.1089/can.2020.0166. Online ahead of print. ABSTRACT Background: Cannabidiol (CBD) products are increasingly available to consumers in the United States and are subject to regulation by the U.S. … Continue reading “PubMed: Health Claims About Cannabidiol Products: A Retrospective Analysis of U.S. Food and Drug Administration Warning Letters from 2015 to 2019”
- Amendments to Lithuania’s hemp law could spark €100 million marketAmendments to Lithuania’s hemp law could spark €100 million market Lithuania’s Seimas, the parliament’s upper house, has overwhelmingly passed a set of amendments clearly indicating an intention to allow the production and sale of products… Read More #CBD #Hemp https://hemptoday.net/amendments-to-lithuanias-hemp-law-could-spark-e100-million-market/ June 18, 2021 8:00 am Save this page as PDFPrint this page
- 2017: Hemp Flower Products Pre-DSHEAHempseed and other hemp flower products have been in the human and animal diet for many millennia. There is much documentation of that, evidence from around the world including the U.S. Therefore when in 2017 FDA announced it was soliciting comments for which food ingredients should be on the official list as existing before October … Continue reading “2017: Hemp Flower Products Pre-DSHEA”
- PubMed: Cannabinoids and Terpenes: How Production of Photo-Protectants Can Be Manipulated to Enhance Cannabis sativa L. PhytochemistryPubMed: Cannabinoids and Terpenes: How Production of Photo-Protectants Can Be Manipulated to Enhance Cannabis sativa L. Phytochemistry Front Plant Sci. 2021 May 31;12:620021. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2021.620021. eCollection 2021. ABSTRACT Cannabis sativa L. is cultivated for its secondary metabolites, of which the cannabinoids have documented health benefits and growing pharmaceutical potential. Recent legal cannabis production in North … Continue reading “PubMed: Cannabinoids and Terpenes: How Production of Photo-Protectants Can Be Manipulated to Enhance Cannabis sativa L. Phytochemistry”
- SC Labs Develops Comprehensive Hemp Testing PanelSC Labs Develops Comprehensive Hemp Testing Panel SC Labs, a cannabis testing company with roots in Santa Cruz, California, announced this week that they have developed a comprehensive hemp testing panel that covers a number of contaminants on a national regulatory level. In the press release, the company says they aim to fill the void of … Continue reading “SC Labs Develops Comprehensive Hemp Testing Panel”
- Sex: I Want to Want ItSex: I Want to Want It Cannabis can help menopausal women rekindle their sexual desire. #CBD #Hemp https://www.projectcbd.org/wellness/sex-i-want-want-it June 16, 2021 6:43 pm Save this page as PDFPrint this page
- Dems Discover the Overton Window, Slam It Hard to the LeftFinally Democrats have discovered the Overton Window (OW) and are using it properly. While the GOP has long used it (using the Luntzian dystopia “Death to drug dealers,” and “Cannabis has no medical value, FDA says so”), Dems have not tried to shift the OW until now, with the Drug Policy Reform Act (DRPA) decriminalizing … Continue reading “Dems Discover the Overton Window, Slam It Hard to the Left”
- PubMed: Integrative Medicine: Cannabis and Cannabis-Related DrugsPubMed: Integrative Medicine: Cannabis and Cannabis-Related Drugs FP Essent. 2021 Jun;505:28-34. ABSTRACT Cannabis is a genus of flowering herbs in the Cannabaceae family. Federal law defines dried plant material preparations of the subspecies Cannabis sativa as marijuana. The term cannabis refers to all products derived from Cannabis plants. The active compounds in cannabis are cannabinoids, … Continue reading “PubMed: Integrative Medicine: Cannabis and Cannabis-Related Drugs”
- Canada: 54,964 acres in 2020On May 4 Health Canada finally released 2020 hemp production data. Canada grew 54,964 acres of hemp in 2020, 67% as much as in 2019. AB grew more than MB and SK, perhaps for the first time. Top varieties, in order: Finola, Katani, CanMa, CFX-2, X-59, Carmagnola. Finola, Carmagnola and Katani were grown for flowers. … Continue reading “Canada: 54,964 acres in 2020”