Every big city in the world will be watching what NYC does with legalization. Taxed and regulated for-profit dispensaries aren’t the only answer; Cannabis is FUN to grow, it’s cheap, and many adults want to do so… and of course they should be allowed. If Ficus and Spider Ferns are allowed in apartments, so should Cannabis. It is even less toxic than some houseplants!
But to counter the first and only arguments anticipated against it (size, and smell), we need cultivars appropriate for urban apartment and balcony homegrows. Say:
- a 70-day autoflower (grow all year ’round)
- female only
- that grows into a small bush 1.5 meters high
- with many bud sites
- that doesn’t stress in weird light or watering conditions
- which is resistant to mold
- lower in terpenes for smell reduction
- available in various Cannabinoid ratios (each for a specific good reason): 20:1 through 1:20 CBD:THC
- distributed via clones for better success, not seeds
Perhaps ratios on the order of 20:1, 10:1, 4:1, 1:1, 1:4, 1:10, 1:20 CBD:THC.
These may already exist, I haven’t searched all the seedbanks. Do you know of a strain which meets these criteria? Please let me know in the comments!